Just a few scattered notes for all my noble fans out there.
Been busy as hell lately. I mean real busy. Stupid pimp fly busy. Somehow I went from Ã¼ber-laconic to all pistons firing on overdrive. Sadly, strangely, it feels kinda good.
Mineola is in tech, and it looks great. I had a few nights away from it, which really helped spot shine my perspective on the piece. The sound is really a separate character, and I heard it last night for the first time. I just about wet may pants laughing on a few occasions. Also, the sound adds a new, tearjerker edge to the end of one scene â€“ something that never even crossed my mind for that scene before (DS3, in case youâ€™re wondering maladr1n).
So I took time off to work a bit on Delusion. Then one thing after another came up. Iâ€™d go into detail, but it really isnâ€™t that interesting. Just a whole buncha stuff that has to get done. So, lots of stuff on lots of different burners â€“ just enough to make me frustrated that Iâ€™m wasting some of my Delusion time on non-Delusion errata.
Mellifluous. Thatâ€™s it. Just felt like writing mellifluous. Donâ€™t even know what it means. Maybe I do. Okay, I do if I think about it. But I donâ€™t care. I just like the way it sounds. Câ€™mon, say it with me. Mel-li-flu-ous. Ahhh.
You got it: Iâ€™m losing my mind.
I couldnâ€™t even tell you the last time I read the news. Iâ€™m catching bits and pieces here and there on BBC News. Doesnâ€™t seem like Iâ€™m missing much. Yâ€™know, the news is getting more and more like a soap opera. When youâ€™re entrenched with it, you canâ€™t put it down, but if you miss a week or so, it takes about 5 minutes to catch up. Let me see if Iâ€™m off at all; just guessing:
- Bush said we need to stand our ground, democracy good, terrorism bad.
- June 30 the U.S. is giving authority of Iraq to the Iraqis who will have authority to do anything they want that the U.S. military and coalition forces agree upon.
- Kerry said that White House was out of touch, that Bushâ€™s plan is bad, the economy is fucked, and we need to restore diplomatic relations with more allies than G.B. (Okay, I cheated a little and saw some of that last night, but seriously, is that any different from two weeks ago?)
- Bushâ€™s popularity is slipping.
- Kerry â€“ Bushâ€™s campaigning opponent â€“ has not gained in popularity, and somehow cannot get a leg up on stupid, superficial and transitory campaign mudslinging that the Bush campaign threw at him back in March.
- Israel carpet-bombed 397 Palestinian nurseries and kindergarten schools yesterday. Someone had a toy gun.
- A 9-year-old Palestinian suicide bomber was captured trying to detonate a whole bunch of Israeli citizens who were not taking over the Gaza strip from a roadside cafÃ© 300 miles away.
- Prime Minister Sharon called for a plan that reversed the plan he called for the week before.
- Any random President/Prime Minister met with North Korea leader Kim Jong-Il. They smiled a lot before cameras, talked about good relations, but they are suspected of calling Bush â€œcocksuckerfaceâ€ behind closed doors.
- Sudan = fucked. Nobody cares.
- Iraq, fucked. Afghanistan, fucked. Iran, not as fucked but probably hate American even more.
- Every place else â€“ no one knows/cares.
But the Lighting evened it up last night! That much I do know. Aw yeeeeaaaah.